Sunday, May 15, 2011

Luau

Our dinner on Friday night was a Luau at the Polynesian resort. I originally thought this would be fun. After a couple of days at the park I should have figured that Aaron would hate it and changed it for something else, but that didn't dawn on me. The food was only OK, but the show was fun enough. (other than Aaron hating it. Brandon and I took turns at the beginning while we ate- I got Aaron to stay in for a little bit becasue it was either outside where we could hear and see the fireworks from Magic Kingdom, or inside where it was dim and they were playing music. Once the meal was over Brandon took Benjamin and Aaron back to the hotel. We didn't figure either would appreciate the drumming, nor would either like the fire when it came out.
In the first 2 pictures, the boys actually all went up to the stage and tried to learn to hula. Totally surprised me. I was out with Aaron at the time, but all of a sudden noticed Brandon moving around, then I saw Benjamin on stage, then Duncan and Tavio - unfortunately, that was pretty close to the end of that performance, but we got semi decent pictures considering our lack of flash. :)




Here's the fire guy when he came out.


Sadly, most of my view looked like this (minus the darkness from lack of flash.) I had a pole right in front of me and it was pretty hard to see most of this performance.


He did come mostly out from behind the pole for a couple seconds when he was twirling 2 fire sticks and I managed to catch this shot.


No comments: