Sunday, May 9, 2010

Peanut butter

Once a year we have the opportunity to go and volunteer at the church's peanut butter factory. Yesterday was that day for our ward. In the past, Brandon has always been the one to volunteer. They run the plant for 2 days straight then shut it down. Brandon has gone at all sorts of hours from late in the evening to early in the morning. This shift was early afternoon to evening, so not too bad. It was interesting to go and work there. Boring jobs - makes you glad you don't work in a factory. Took me back to the days when I worked a temp job in a Levi's factory tagging shirts - boring. Anyway, here are some pics of other people in our ward working. We all took turns doing the various jobs. Some more tedious and unnecessary than other. Gotta love the beard covers the guys had to wear. Too bad I didn't get a picture of the girls in the balloon pants they had to wear over their shorts. :)



Sorting peanuts was probably my least favorite job. It wasn't as boring as some, but watching the belt go by with the peanuts on it made me think I was going to be sick or get a migraine. Blah. It was a fun game to see if I could get all of the black peanuts so the person next to me had nothing to do. Aah the things your mind will do to entertain itself. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: