Sunday, January 10, 2010

This week 2

This sadly is what greets you when you walk in my front door. Books that need to be boxed or replaced on the shelf in the office, but we are waiting to get a file cabinet to do that. Unfortunately that didn't happen yesterday because Brandon had signed up to volunteer at the Bishop's storehouse, the kids had a primary activity and I ran 16 miles in the stinking 19 degree weather. Blah. We got all of that done, but not the shopping for a file cabinet. Hopefully Monday. I'd really like to get my front room back, not to mention the office.
This is the way we rearranged the little boys room. We've moved Aaron into a bed, but haven't got rid of the crib yet. Of course, it is messy because I have boys and I can't keep up with them.
This is how we rearranged the big boys room. We bought the loft bed for Duncan and put his desk out of the office and into his room. This is their idea of clean. My idea of clean is to have the backpacks hung on the hooks under the bed where I originally put them, and the clothes in the laundry. Hmm, I thought I had taken a picture of the play room too, but I guess I decided it was too messy and/or I couldn't get a good picture of how we had rearranged it. It is a goal of mine to get it all cleaned up and get some picture of how it is rearranged, but I doubt I can keep it all clean long enough.
Another project I worked on this week was some more fleece stuff. I had made the hat for Christmas, but hadn't finished the jacket. I got it done for the super cold weather we had here. I also made the little boys hoodies, and then made Duncan, Benjamin and Aaron matching pants. Next on the list are my pajamas, then fleece jackets for myself and Brandon.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Irish Cream said...

LOVE the sewing projects! They look good. I cannot believe you've had such COLD weather! Reminiscent of what we experience here on a "warm" day (I think we might have cracked 40 here!)

So many reorganizing projects- is it part of the new year? or just that now all the "prep" is done for Christmas one has time for other projects?

Kimberly said...

The reorganizing is me so, so, soooo tired of living in a pigsty of boys. It is actually finally getting to Brandon, so I'm trying to reorganize hoping to re-encourage the kids to put things where they belong.
The office drives me crazy. I quit even going in there. I'd clean, not go in there, then soon, not be able to get in the door.... The playroom- same thing -no one seems to think the one box out at a time rule should be followed. I was hoping reoganizing and moving things would help. I also wanted a bigger space for our growing collection of little people.
The boys room - moved a bed in for Aaron, frame came from Duncan's room, and I was sick of under Duncan's bed being his throw it all spot for everything scout/camping without any organization so I eliminated the under the bed. :) Sorry, that ended up super long, and I'm not even going to proof read it because my noodle timer is beeping.
Oh, and the weather was AWFUL- I'm training for a marathon and ran 16 miles at 19 degrees. Weather is why I did NOT want to train right now, but this is when my friends want to run, and who knows if I'll ever want to do this again, so whatever. OK< really, I'm overcooking noodles now. :)