Sunday, January 10, 2010

This week 1


Yet another busy week at the Fears household. Aaron started to get an awful sounding cough at church last week. He was up all night -every hour that night, unable to get comfortable... By the time we got him to the doctor, she heard him walk by, and sent the nurse in with the strep and flu swabs when she first walked in and had a steroid shot ordered for him right away. She told me if he sounded like that again, (either later that day, or ever) I was to take him to the ER. Yea, just what I wanted to hear. Needless to say, we haven't gone much of anywhere this week. We took the boys to Target on Tuesday to let them spend some gift cards and money from both sets of grandparents before school started, but that was the extent of our outings for the week, and Aaron has actually taken some good naps, so I've gotten some projects started. I finally managed to cut Benjamin's hair. That has needed it forever. Brandon told me the secret was to give him a sucker. WE did that, and he was happy as can be. Didn't whine once. Of course, I've been keeping it nice and conditioned lately - partly because it was long, and partly to help make it cutable.

We've been doing some major rearranging during break. Unfortunately, it is still far from done. This week our sink decided to leak. Just what we needed ---not really if I wanted to finish my other projects. Yesterday I got mad and started to take pictures of the disaster that my house still was. Gratefully, at least the kitchen is back to looking like a kitchen again. This is the horribly warped cabinet under my sink, my junk from under the sink annoying me on my counters, and the new faucet I did get out of the whole deal. That at least looks very nice.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: