Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Benjamin's birthday

Benjamin turned 4 yesterday. He had a great day. We had made him peach puff pancake for breakfast. (Although I think he would have been happy with anything. He likes breakfast.) Then after breakfast (actually, it was during breakfast - whenever dad finished getting ready.) When I asked him what he wanted to do for the day, he told me go buy new pajamas. However, after opening presents, he decided playing was a better idea. We did eventually go to the store to buy some new pajamas because that boy grows like a weed and he actually needed some (that and some pants without holes in the knees. Crawling around the carpet playing is hard on the knees of pants.

Present opening fun
This little uno game had to be the favorite of the day - at least it got the most use of the day. I loved it. Thank you Grandma Gardner. Benjamin used the little guys to play with (they type of play he usually does with trash (any small item he can find on the floor.) I for one was happy to see him play with something that was a toy and more importantly something too big for Aaron to choke on. Yea!) Then he combined them with a car shooter he got and shot them all around. Then we actually played the game, then they were other things again for creative play, and then we played the game again later in the evening. Great toy!
Playing with toys (not shopping lol)

I was actually told "These are more funner than the cars mom."

On this one of Aaron I had to post a second picture because the first one looks like he's helping set them up. He isn't. We had a hard time trying to play the bowling game. I have a cute short video of Benjamin knocking down all the pins but for some reason it won't upload.

Brandon made his pizza look like a dinosaur because he liked the dinosaur cake so much. He is eating the tail right now.If you want to listen to the mostly boy version of Happy Birthday may I suggest turning the volume down. LOL. It isn't that bad, but it isn't great either. Benjamin's little face is precious during the video though so it had to be posted.

Posted by Picasa


Note to self, babies and green frosting do not mix. You think I would have learned, but I gave him another piece at lunch today. He put his plate on his head and had it all over his head. Maybe now that I've blogged it I'll remember not to give it to him again without a bib and a hat. :)


1 comment:

Irish Cream said...

So cute!

I love the dino pizza and cake. Those are GREAT!

Cute boy.. can't believe he's already FOUR!