So I was playing with the nerf rocket launcher with Aaron. He loves for me to load it and shoot it. Then he squeals in delight and chases after the bullet. Well, Benjamin decided he wanted to play too, and came up in his wild rambunctious self saying "I want to shoot it, I want to shoot it." I told him no multiple times, but like any 3 year old, he didn't follow directions very well and somehow snuck in between Aaron and myself as I was loading the gun and pushed the button. It shot straight into my eye. I thought for sure I was going to be blind. Huge spot of light, thought maybe my eyeball would just fall out it hit it with such force. I tried to have Brandon take me to the eye Dr., but it was Saturday and they closed early. Luckily by the time we arrived there, I could see OK anyway. I really escaped rather unscathed considering. I just have that little scratch on my eye and a little missing patch of eyelashes. I can see a spot in the dark or if I close my eyes for too long, but considering what I thought when that thing first hit my eye, I'm counting my blessings over and over.
The below video is of the gun that shot me in the eye. It is quite the powerful gun. Hits the roof as you can see in the video.
No comments:
Post a Comment