Monday, March 1, 2010

Marathon

Here are some pictures from the marathon I ran on Saturday. It took me 4 hours and 7 min. My legs are still sore 2 days later I think because I ran a lot faster than I trained because I ended up by myself instead of with my friends.
This picture is at 13 miles. Our hotel was really close to the 13 and 22 mile mark, so Brandon came out and met me. It was really nice at 13 to be able to drop off my hat and gloves. It was 31 degrees when we left in the morning, so I wore layers.
You can see that by this time I was down to a tank top. Not the best pictures, but that is my dejected look. I had asked Brandon to bring me a blue poweraide because the poweraide they had at the water stations was really watered down. By 22 miles I was really looking forward to my poweraide. When it wasn't there, I was sad.
This is Me with Laura. We are waiting for the others in our group to finish. I ran the first 8 miles with her. We stayed with our other friends for the first 5. But then we lost them from the big crowds. She was only running the 1/2 so once she left I was on my own for the rest. That wasn't my plan, but it ended up ok.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

David and Emily Wilcock said...

All I have to say is you are AWESOME!

Irish Cream said...

CONGRATS! You look awesome for having run a marathon and in such GREAT time!

Will you do it again?

Kimberly said...

Not sure if I'll do it again. Looking at a triathlon right now. (Not a full, but a mini -even at that I'm not sure I can do the swim.) We'll see. I liked the marathon I did. Nice enough scenery, people all along the route... A bit hilly, but not too bad.