Duncan and Tavio out shooting with Brandon and his friend Matt.
If you want more details, tell Brandon to update his blog. :)
Yes, I am finally shamed into writing the blog. Every year time we are in Henderson, I would go shooting with my friend Matt Zobrist, a Sergeant in the Henderson, NV Police Department. This year, I thought it would good to take the boys along. Matt brought a .40 caliber H&K, .32 Caliber pistol, .22 caliber rifle and an AR-15 rifle. I bought targets and clay pigeons at Wal*Mart, then we found a place to shoot. After we reviewed the safety rules, Duncan and Tavio set up the targets. Duncan is left eye dominant and right handed; Tavio is right eye dominant and left handed, which means the boys shoot with their non-dominant hand. They did very well, and enjoyed shooting the AR-15. They really enjoyed when the coke cans would explode into shreds when the AR-15 round would go through it. I tied to work with Duncan on the rifle merit badge, but he needs to be sitting and not shooting in the prone position. I really enjoyed shooting the H&K .40 caliber. Afterwards we went to 7-11 for slurpees, and then back to Matt's to help clean the guns. I want to get a gun, but need to get the gun safe first.
If you want more details, tell Brandon to update his blog. :)
Yes, I am finally shamed into writing the blog. Every year time we are in Henderson, I would go shooting with my friend Matt Zobrist, a Sergeant in the Henderson, NV Police Department. This year, I thought it would good to take the boys along. Matt brought a .40 caliber H&K, .32 Caliber pistol, .22 caliber rifle and an AR-15 rifle. I bought targets and clay pigeons at Wal*Mart, then we found a place to shoot. After we reviewed the safety rules, Duncan and Tavio set up the targets. Duncan is left eye dominant and right handed; Tavio is right eye dominant and left handed, which means the boys shoot with their non-dominant hand. They did very well, and enjoyed shooting the AR-15. They really enjoyed when the coke cans would explode into shreds when the AR-15 round would go through it. I tied to work with Duncan on the rifle merit badge, but he needs to be sitting and not shooting in the prone position. I really enjoyed shooting the H&K .40 caliber. Afterwards we went to 7-11 for slurpees, and then back to Matt's to help clean the guns. I want to get a gun, but need to get the gun safe first.

No comments:
Post a Comment