So, Aaron is starting to talk finally -I finally had given up and started making him do some simple signs since he was not being very verbal, and sure enough as soon as I started doing that, he started talking more. What cracks me up about him learning to talk is that he never tries to say what I want him to. He won't really even attempt a word when I try to get him to, he will just all of a sudden use a word. The other thing I find so random about it is that he uses very few words, but he uses phrases. I think "there it is" is one of the first things he started saying. He also says "I need help." and a couple other phrases which I'll add later if I remember. (Can you tell life just interrupted posting and now I don't feel like thinking anymore. Home teachiers, then bedtime and Duncan has been in a mood all evening. Between Duncan and Benjamin, both dinner and bedtime have been quite the chores.) So, back to the pictures; I loved them. The top one is of Duncan and Aaron. When not engrossed in a book, Duncan does like to play with Aaron a lot more lately. He often gives him piggyback rides, but this day they were wearing straw hats and so darn cute. (on a side note, I've just confiscated that shirt because Duncan wears it at least 3 times a week - more if we don't catch how dirty it is. I just found 5 new shirts I had bought him shoved in corners or on the floor in the laundry room (was looking for sheets - somehow Duncan and Tavio have no sheets - there are at least 5 sets of sheets for their beds, and they only have the 2 dirty ones? Which they removed the day before yesterday and never bothered to take downstairs so I would wash them or anything. I'd like to know where the other 3 sets of sheets are. I did find 1 stuffed in a corner of the laundry shelf (how I found Duncan's shirts.) Sorry, long tangent - this is why I'm very off topic of trying to think about how cute Aaron's talking is. I've been dealing with a 13 and 10 year old that are harder to put to bed than the baby (at least today.) Brandon got to finish dealing with the 4 year old who is still whining.
Here is poor Mr. Aaron today passed out on the couch. This is what happens when daddy doesn't come home in time to get you to bed before choir practice - you don't get a nap on Sunday, and can only take it until about 5 before you just fall down where you are. 
2 comments:
So cute! Aaron's talking completely reminds me of Jaxon! I have always said he doesn't do anything until he knows he can do it well. The same with talking. I couldn't ever get him to do signs. The goober finally satrted doing the signs when he decided he could talk and he would sign and talk!
Too funny. I've only got him to do milk, eat, and juice, and only because I won't give him the milk or juice until he asks with a sign. That is all he does. He ought to be talking up a storm by the time we come to visit in a few weeks.
Post a Comment