Halloween was super busy. I was a super procrastinator- ok, more like a busy mom of a 2 year old and a newborn, but I ended up making Duncan and Tavio's costumes on Halloween. Brandon came home midday and watched Benjamin and Aaron, and I sewed taking breaks to feed Aaron.
Duncan went trick-or-treating with his friends from the next street over. It was Elijah's birthday, so we went over to spend time with him. It sure was nice that Halloween was on Friday so I didn't have to worry about school the next day.
Benjamin was too funny. He was ready to be done after just one house because he got candy in his bag and he was happy. We had a haunted house right by our house that scared him even though he didn't go in. He made it down the street, but then told me he was "a little bit nervous" and wanted to go home. I didn't know he even knew the word nervous. We had seen 2 little (and I mean really little) dogs, and they had made him nervous - not to mention the scary costumes. I thought that the dog part was strange because he has pet the one dog before, but not at his house. The other dog had on cute little lizard costume, but he wasn't interested in either, and wouldn't get candy from those houses, and a couple of houses later - when we got to the end of our street, he was ready to go home. He helped me pass out candy after that until he saw a kid in a mask that scared him - then he decided he'd just stay and watch TV. He was plenty happy with his bag of candy though. Everyone had a good time.
(Duncan wanted to be a magician or mage. I wish I could have come
up with something more than the robe for his costume.)




No comments:
Post a Comment