Monday, December 26, 2011

Annual Casa Picnic

Here our our pictures from the annual casa picnic at George Ranch.  Love that they have moved it from Sunday to Saturday the last couple of years.  Not a big fan of the fact that Brandon has been out of town for it for the last 2 years.  I really have no pictures of the big boys.  Duncan took off and visited with his birth sister.  (totally the reason we go every year.)  And Tavio made fast friends with some other kids his age and hung out with them.  The little boys and I did the traditional tour of the ranch - really just hitting the most interesting parts.  They loved it.  I actually saw a new part this year about these dunking tanks they had to protect the cattle from something or another caused by a tick. (I think)  Only mention it because it was new to me.  I've done this tour quite a few times now.  While it is interesting, I've got it mostly memorized.  :)  The little boys did have fun getting to practice roping.  They don't always get to do that either.  I'll add some video down below.
First we see the horse show where they tell the kids why they rope the cows and show them it.  Then they let them pet the horses.
Benjamin petting the horse
Aaron petting the horse - This actually surprised me.  He is usually very timid.

This video just makes me laugh because Benjamin ropes himself.  
In the next one he gets the bull.  :)

Here's Aaron's attempt.  

He just kind of walked off after his one attempt.  I guess he had enough.  

No comments: