So, my friends and family from far away know I exercise I'm sure, but they may not know my devotion to my favorite exercise guru Cathe Friedrich. All of the workout DVDs that I do are hers. Well, she came to Houston this past weekend to do a road trip and I got to go. Crazy me thought it was too much fun. We did 2 workout on Friday evening. The first was 1/2 step, 1/2 kickbox. That was probably my favorite for the fun factor. The second workout on friday evening was abs and stretch. I went thinking I wouldn't sweat - no such luck.
Saturday brought 3 more workouts. The first was step then low impact Hiit. The second was Cardio core circuit which is always a killer. The third was a total body workout. We used tubing and paper plates. It was a great workout. It ended with abs 3 workouts in 2 days and my abs were on fire!
At the dinner that night I actually won a door prize. So funny. I had registered pretty late (just a couple of weeks ago.) So when I got there I had no printed name badge. They had to just write my name on a tag with a sharpie after getting all of my registration info. Anyway, when they got to drawing names for door prizes I said - oh, I have like zero chance of winning. If they took names off the sign in list I wasn't even there. Then the person sitting next to me (a lovely person named Kara who let me hang out with her all weekend and even let me use her shower in her room becasue I didn't actually stay at the resort with it being Aaron's birthday and everything.) Anyway, when Kara won something, I figured chances went down even further. Someone at my table already won, but I was called like 2 people later. I got some bands. I'm excited to use them. Others at my table say they are really nice quality and thick. Should make the workouts harder. My bands are getting a bit stretched out. So Woo Hoo!
I had a great time. I did not return on Sunday for the last class just because it was Sunday. I went to church, played the organ, and accompanied someone who was singing a special musical number. Probably good decision since I woke up with a dumb migraine that didn't want to go away all morning. Blah!
I wish I was a better picture taker, but these are the few I have. The first is of our table at dinner the first night. The second - me and Cathe after lunch on Saturday. I thought I'd get another in the evening so I wouldn't be squinting, but then I kept closing my eyes or opening them too big - silly me. Of the 3-4 I have at dinner the last one is the best. It is with Kara, the friend I met at road trip.

No comments:
Post a Comment