Sunday, April 25, 2010

Field trip

Last week someone in the ward invited everyone to go to the Miller Outdoor Theater to see the play "The Three Little Pigs." Even though they arrived 30 minutes early, there were no seats left because there were so many kids there on field trips. They did get a good space on a wall behind the theater to the side that was still shady (a plus with a fair red headed baby.) The play was mediocre. It was done in Spanglish for some reason and the Spanish was done most of the time with a Southern accent making it difficult to understand. The pigs were pig scouts and the wolf was the pig scout leader, so it was quite the different play. Not sure either of my kids understood anything that went on in the play, but there was some rap music and hip hop type music that went with it, plus we had packed a lunch so they were plenty entertained. After the play we went to picnic next to the theater. It was a bit chaotic because of all the kids from the field trips around, but the boys were excited to be out and have fun none the less.
Above: The ledge Aaron fell off of. (continue reading)
Below: A friend - ok should be a friend, but these 2 do not get along. I was trying to get a picture of the friends at the park together, but instead I caught M. pushing Benjamin - surely it was deserved - a few minutes later I'm pretty sure Benjamin hit her. I was standing next to Aaron because he was on that ledge and looked like he wanted to get down, but it was as tall as he was, so I was watching to see what he was going to do, but I think I heard Benjamin hit M. so I turned around to see what happen and wouldn't you know Aaron picked that exact moment to decide to go over the edge. We'd been at that spot for a few minutes safe and sound. Luckily the ground was pretty soft so no major damage or anything. I only share because isn't that how it seems to go? You pay close attention, watch them, and turn for 1 second to tend to the other and they hurt themselves.

Above: Just post this picture to try and show a bit of the crowds. There were way more kids in the grass to the side.
Below: I post this one to show Benjamin with his sucker, but mostly to show Aaron in the background trying to excape as quickly as possible.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: