Sunday, March 15, 2009

Tavio's Birthday


Tavio decided he wanted a big cookie for his birthday party. I made a big sugar cookie and decorated it, then I made little sugar cookies that the kids decorated at the birthday party.



This one makes me laugh because it was wrapped in a trash bag - really it was very large to try to wrap in normal wrapping, but the trash bag is just so boy. Tavio of course didn't just open the top, he had to rip through the plastic like it was paper, but since it was much stronger than paper, it took him a while.



Games, games, games -Tavio had wanted to do some outside games, and it had been beautiful here for a week or so before his party, but it got really cold and rainy, so we had to do some inside activities. Above they had to untie the knot they were in without letting go. They did well for a bit, but eventually they let go. Below is Sean - the winner of balloon stomp (see video at the bottom.)


Tavio wanted cheesecake for his birthday.
Below he is opening presents on his birthday. The funny thing about the shirt he was opening was that it wasn't on his list. Brandon just picked it up. Then about 2 days before his birthday, he decided he wanted a shirt like that. We just told him we'd already finished our shopping (because we had) but he was pleasantly surprised with the shirt.


Here is one picture of Benjamin's party. For some reason I didn't take pictures. I charged the camera battery and everything, then got so busy supervising games that I didn't take pictures. We played a tag game where they pulled streamers off each other's backs and we played with bubbles. We also played with balloons (in the picture.)


This is the favorite balloon stomp, but I actually found the game in a book but it was called balloon dance, and they had balloons tied to both legs, and played music, so we played the new version. It lasted longer because everyone had 2 balloons to be popped.

2 comments:

David and Emily Wilcock said...

o boy! Had to laugh at the plastic bag wrapping! Too funny! Happy birthday Tavio!!! Hugs and kisses from Vegas!

Irish Cream said...

Definitely BOYS! Although, the balloon stomp sounds like a perfectly noisy fun indoor game.

The wrapping paper is classic- just need some newspaper wrapped packages, and you'd be all set.

You're boys are so handsome! I can't believe how much they have grown up. Give 'em a few more years, and with Brandon you'll have a Basketball Team ready to go! :)