Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Seabrook half marathon


Here we all are chilly before the race. From left to right there are Tammy, me, Cameo, Amy, Jeanene, Alex and Nick. Wendi is missing from the picture, but she is in the light pink shirt in the picture below.



OK, trying something new today. I found that I can use Microsoft word to put things in my blog. It was the only way to get these pictures on here because they were sent to me in an e-mail as part of the e-mail, not as a jpeg that I could save. We'll see how it goes.

My running group ran another half marathon on Saturday. I'd been looking forward to it for a year. They ran it last year, but I couldn't because I was pregnant. I was looking forward to it because it is in March (so I thought it would be nice weather) and it is on trails (so I thought it would be great for my knees.)

As you can see from the clothing and the shivers, it was not warm – about 42* with wind, so the wind chill was like 39 I think the weather thing said. Anyway, plenty chilly. It was fine when we were running, but quite cold both before and after the race – especially after when we were sweaty. I also ended up hurting my knees more than our last ½ marathon. My left knee swelled all up on Saturday afternoon. I'm not sure what this means for me and future marathons/ ½ marathons. I had hoped to run 1 marathon – just as a goal of something I really wanted to be able to do, but I'm not sure that I will be able to. Of course, I'm not taking any of the anti-inflammatory supplements I used to take because I'm nursing, so maybe in the future that will make a difference. For now, I'm taking this week off running and aerobics –just weight lifting and walking. We'll see how it goes after that. I seem to be good up to 10 miles, after that, my knees complain.

On a good note, I did run a little faster than my last half, but not much -not that I was trying, or that that was my goal. :)

2 comments:

Irish Cream said...

I'd LOVE to see the pictures- they didn't come through.

Congrats on running a 1/2 marathon. That's awesome! Did the boys come out to support you, too?

Kimberly said...

No, the boys didn't come out. It ended up being a cold, yucky day - 42*, so they stayed home.