
Benjamin's first "picnic." A family tradition with pizza. It wasn't very successful with Benjamin. He didn't stay on the tablecloth very well and eventually ended up sitting with me at the table watching the show, but he seemed happier there anyway. He was super cute and super excited at the beginning though. It was just difficult for him to figure out eating on the floor.

Finally!
I started this blanket for Brandon forever ago, but then realized I was making his second crocheted blanket and hadn't made one for either one of the boys yet, so I took a break from his and made the boys. I was really trying to get done before his birthday, but didn't finish with vacation in there. However, I finally finished. It was quite the chore because of course he wanted it a bit bigger than the pattern, so I was coloring out ideas on graph paper before even beginning to add a couple of rows to the top and bottom. It turned out nice and soft. Now I need to make on for Benjamin. I want to try and get him to help me pick at least the colors. The big boys picked their pattern and colors.

Duncan mowing - He really did a wonderful job considering the grass was so long. I took the picture because he came in and got rags to hold onto the mower. (He asked for those.) But another time he came in and tied a bandanna to his head then put on one of Brandon's hats. You can kind of see it here. Wish I had a better picture, but I was still working with the broken screened camera.


2 comments:
Cute pictures! It was fun so see the rest of your vacation. How did you decide where to stop? I want to go to some cool nature places but I am never really sure where to start looking.
We have always tried to hit National Parks on our way. We look on maps to see what parks are in or close to our path, then we look them up online to see what is there. Usually we find a hike to do from there. We did about 2.2 mile hikes in Grand Canyon, Zions, and Rocky Mtn. National Park. We just did a loop around Carlsbad. It was just over a mile. It is nice to give everyone a break from the car and leg stretching time. Plus we see some great sights. The big boys have National park passport books which they stamp at each park we visit and we get a sticker to put in their book. It is fun.
Post a Comment