Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mess maker

Mess maker, mess maker, make me a mess....

That is what I feel like I should sing to this child much of the time.  Good thing he is so cute while doing it.  Here are just a couple that were either so discouraging I wanted to cry or he was really cute while doing or both.  

1st, we have him eating peanut butter out of the jar.  I had made a sandwich for both he and Benjamin and had turned to make my lunch.  When I turned around, he was no longer eating his sandwich, but eating peanut butter straight from the jar.  His face was a cute little mess of peanut butter smear, but unfortunately the 2 pictures I have that are the cutest are also the blurriest.  

Second is what happens when you go to take a shower thinking that you will leave the kids eating breakfast.  After all, they just started eating.  You can hurry and shower really quickly before they finish right???  Wrong!!  They will come decorate your sheets with very dirty fingers.  (too bad I can't remember what they ate.  Looks like chocolate, but we haven't had anything chocolaty for breakfast - maybe I made chocolate banana muffins??  or we could have had pancakes with mini chocolate chips.  We did have those recently.  Whatever the case I got to wash sheets and quilts that day.
Finally the food coloring on the carpet....  I made cookies for playgroup the week of Halloween.  When I made them I somehow couldn't find my red food coloring.  I looked all over.  I ended up giving up and using a gel coloring that I had.   It must have fallen on the floor and I missed it because a couple days later, Benjamin came to tell me Aaron had it shaking it all over the stairs.  It still isn't out - 2 weeks later.  I worked on it for a long time, but my carpet still has pink spots.  His toes however are back to normal. :)

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

David and Emily Wilcock said...

Oh my! But yes, he is just so cute! well, he keeps you on your toes! Toes...haha!